If you're not sure what type of Instagram profile you have, check out our blog post to find out: Instagram Business or Personal Account - What's the Difference?
Connect a Business Instagram Profile
Instagram Business Profiles are associated with your Facebook Page and must be authorized through Facebook. Follow these steps to connect your Instagram Business Profile through Facebook:
Make sure you're logged into Facebook with the Personal Profile that is an admin for your business's Facebook Page.
Go to the Accounts page in Edgar, and click on the Instagram button.
Click Add Business to connect your Instagram Business Profile.
4. Facebook will ask you to authorize your accounts in a series of screens. Be sure to complete BOTH screens to give the correct permissions for your Instagram business account AND the linked Facebook page:
5. You will then be returned to Edgar and he will display a list of your Instagram accounts. Click on the account(s) you want to connect to Edgar so they are highlighted in green and then click Add Selected Business.
If your Instagram profile is not listed after following these steps, you may have a personal Instagram profile rather than a business profile. Follow the steps below to connect it to Edgar.
Connect a Personal Instagram Profile
Go to the Accounts page in Edgar, and click on the Instagram button at the bottom.
Click the Add Personal button:
3. Log into your personal Instagram profile when prompted.
My Business Profile is not showing up as an option to add to Edgar
There are a few of reasons your Instagram business profile may not be available for Edgar to add:
1) Your personal Facebook profile is not an admin of the Facebook page connected to the Instagram business profile
In order for Edgar to connect to an Instagram Business profile through Facebook, your personal Facebook profile must be an admin of the connected Facebook page.
2) Your Instagram profile is not fully connected to your Facebook page
Follow these steps to make sure your Instagram business profile is fully connected to your Facebook page:
1. Go to your page on Facebook and click on Settings at the top right. Then click on Instagram at the left.
2. If your Instagram account details are not displayed as shown above, click the Login button to add your Instagram account to your Facebook page.
3. Go to the Accounts page in Edgar and click the refresh icon on your personal Facebook profile.
4. Click the Instagram button at the bottom of the Accounts page and choose Connect through Facebook again. Your Instagram profile should display in the list.
3) Your Instagram profile is connected to a different Facebook page
To double check which Facebook page your Instagram account is connected to, follow these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and tap on your profile picture at the bottom right.
2. In your profile, tap on Edit Profile.
3. Under Business Information, it will list which Facebook page your Instagram account is connected to:
Make sure your Instagram account is connected to a Facebook page that your personal Facebook profile is an admin of.