What Are Twitter Cards?
Twitter Cards allow you to attach link previews with photos and link titles to your tweets.
Types of Twitter Cards
There are several types of Twitter Cards:
- Summary Card: Title, description, thumbnail image, and Twitter account attribution.
- Summary Card with Large Image: Similar to a Summary Card, but with a prominently featured image.
- App Card: A Card to detail a mobile app with direct download.
- Player Card: A Card to provide video/audio/media.
To learn more about adding Twitter Card meta tags to your website, please see Twitter's Getting Started Guide.
Add Twitter Cards to a WordPress blog
First, install the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin.
- Open the Yoast plugin.
- Click on the Social settings under the menu.
- Click on the Twitter tab.
- Check the Add Twitter Card Meta Data option and input your Twitter username.
- Select The default card type you want to use and save.
Twitter Card Validator
Double check that your Twitter cards are working with the Twitter Card Validator.
If you run into errors when validating your links, check out Twitter’s Troubleshooting Guide.