Different networks have different errors and different reasons that posts may have been rejected. Check out the Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Bitly.com sections below to see some common reasons.
Don't see an explanation for your error? Click the message icon at the bottom right corner of this page and send us your error message. We'll be happy to take a closer look for you!
A few common reasons why a post may fail to publish to Twitter include the following:
- Your account requires reauthorization: If you have recently changed your password or been notified of a security issue with your Twitter acount, you may need to refresh the account to allow Edgar to continue publishing. Refresh Your Social Accounts.
- You're attempting to publish content that is too similar: Twitter prohibits publishing identical or substantially similar content repeatedly on the same account and across multiple accounts you run. Make sure you alter the text of your content to make it fully unique.
- Twitter has locked your account. You can see common reasons for locked accounts and what to do about them here: Twitter Locked Account Support.
A few common reasons why posts may fail to Facebook include the following:
- OAuthException: If you receive an OAuthException error, it means that Edgar doesn't have the correct permissions to access your Facebook accounts right now. The password may have been changed on Facebook or Facebook may have reset your security session. See our information on Facebook permissions here: Facebook Permissions.
- OAuthException, code: 368, message: The content you're trying to share includes a link that our security systems detected to be unsafe. This error indicates that Facebook has flagged the link or image in your content as unsafe. You can try posting the link or image directly to Facebook to see if they provide any additional information on why they have blocked it. Or just send us a message and we'll be happy to take a look!
- Edgar was uable to find any groups or pages: Edgar doesn't have the correct permissions to access your groups or pages. See our information on Facebook permissions here: Facebook Permissions.
- Expired Access Token: LinkedIn requires that access tokens be refreshed every 60 days. You will receive an email notification when it is approaching this time so you can refresh your account. Refresh your LinkedIn account to resolve the error: Refresh Your Social Accounts.
- Throttle Limit: LinkedIn limits the number of posts a single person can publish in a day, which includes all post sources including Edgar, directly to LinkedIn, and any other apps you may use to publish.
- Error creating bitly links! Rate Limit Exceeded: Bitly has a limit on how many links can be shortened at one time. The exact limit is not published, but it's best to limit bulk uploads to fewer than 100 posts at a time when using bitly to shorten your links. Alternative link shorteners are also avaialble: Edgar's Links Shortening Options.